Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fructose Free Barley Brownies

Fructose free brownies that taste great!!!!! I am SO happy to find gooey-chocolatey brownies and LOVE them! I adapted the recipe from Bob's Red Mill Barley Brownies. Don't let the word "barley" scare you. It intimated me until I tasted the batter and I could hardly tell a difference! I'm waiting for the fiance to come home from work to try them to see if he'll be able to taste any difference. I doubt it :) I also added a handful of extra dark chocolate chips to the batter (I love chocolate). The brownies are more of a darker chocolate because they aren't super sweet, I'm fine with that, but you can add more dextrose to make them more "milk chocolate". I'll take a picture next time I make them.

Barley Brownies:

3/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 cup Barley Flour
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Canola
1 cup Dextrose Powder
6 Tb Cocoa Powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly oil an 8" x 8" x 2"glass baking pan and set aside.

In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla, oil, dextrose, and cocoa powder.

In another bowl blend together the barley flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to carob mixture; stir well.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes (do not overbake). Makes 16 brownies.

I added Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting :D

Ingredients:

8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
1/8 cup Butter, room temperature
2 cups Dextrose (you can increase this amount if you don't want really dark frosting, the more dextrose the sweeter)
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder

Directions:
Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.

Mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time.

Mix in cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment